Data Protection Policy
Our Data Protection policy indicates that we are dedicated to and responsible for processing the information of our customers, stakeholders, employees, and other interested parties with absolute caution and confidentiality. This policy describes how we collect, store, handle and secure our data fairly, transparently, and with confidentiality. This policy ensures that Emona Center SH.P.K. follows good practices to protect the data gathered from its customers, employees, and stakeholders. The rules outlined in this document apply regardless of whether the data is stored electronically, on paper, or on any other storage device.
1. Policy Elements
As a key part of our operations, we gather and process any information or data that makes an individual identifiable such as full name, physical address, email address, photographs, etc. This information is collected only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply to our company.
Our data will:
Be precise and consistently updated; Is collected legitimately and with a clearly stated purpose;
Be processed by the company in line with its legal and ethical binds;
Have protection measure that protects it from any unauthorized or illegal access occurring by internal or external parties.
Our data will NOT:
Be communicated informally; Exceed the specified amount of time stored; Therefore, personal data of employees, customers, and affiliates who no longer use Emona Center SH.P.K. services will be archived for 3 years and deleted afterward; Be transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not acquire proper data protection policies; Be spread to any party unless approved by the data’s owner (except for the legitimate requests demanded from law enforcement authorities).
Everyone who works for or with Emona Center SH.P.K. is responsible for ensuring that data collection, storage, handling, and protection is done appropriately.
Phone: +383 38 584 443
In addition, the following functions within Emona Center SH.P.K. hold the key areas of responsibility:
Information Security Manager and Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for:
– Informing and advising Emona Center SH.P.K. in regards to the data protection and privacy for the natural persons;
– Monitoring Data Protection and privacy compliance of Emona Center SH.P.K. with the data protection requirements applicable in the EU;
– Providing advice with regard to data protection impact assessments;
– Cooperating and liaising with the supervisory authority;
– Be a point of contact for data subjects at: email@example.com;
– Providing oversight and continuous enhancement of cyber security and risk management awareness programs and improvements;
– Leading the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance with both internal security policies and applicable laws and regulations;
– Developing and managing controls to ensure compliance with the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from standards and regulations.
IT Systems Manager:
– Strictly complying with all Emona Center SH.P.K. policies related to non-disclosure, non-competition, and confidentiality of information;
– Constantly staying up to date on various web technologies and tools;
– Performing networking systems hardware and software upgrades, and installing security patches as needed;
– Checking and monitoring the general health of networks and networking devices;
– Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks;
– The implementation, configuration, and maintenance of computer networks, software, and digital security.
– Ensuring that access to personal data of users registered on the Emona Center SH.P.K. Website is restricted only to authorized personnel;
– Ensuring that access to the personal data of users registered on the Emona Center SH.P.K. website will not be shared with or provided to unauthorized personnel.
3. General guidelines
• Access to data covered by this policy is restricted only to those who need it for their work;
• Data is not to be shared informally. When access to confidential information is required, employees request it from their line managers;
• We provide comprehensive training to all employees to help them understand their responsibilities when handling data;
• Employees keep all data secure, by taking sensible precautions and following the Data Storage guidelines specified below;
• In particular, strong passwords are used and never shared;
• Personal data is not disclosed to unauthorized people, within the company or externally;
• Employees request help from their line manager or the data protection officer when they are unsure about any aspect of data protection.
4. Data Storage
These rules describe how and where data are safely stored. When data is stored on paper, it is kept in a secure place accessed only by authorized personnel.
• These guidelines also apply to data that is usually stored electronically but has been printed out for certain reasons:
• The paper or files are kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet;
• Employees make sure paper and printouts are not left unattended;
• Data printouts are securely shredded and disposed of when no longer needed.
When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorized access, accidental deletion, and malicious internal or external threats.
• Data should be protected by strong passwords that are updated regularly and never shared among employees;
• If data is stored on removable media (like a CD or DVD, External HDD, etc.), these should be kept locked away securely when not being used;
• Data should only be stored on designated servers at Emona Center SH.P.K. premises, and should only be uploaded to approved cloud computing services;
• Servers containing personal data are sited at secure locations, where access is restricted for authorized personnel only and monitored;
• Data is never saved directly in permanent computers or other portable devices like tablets or smartphones, etc;
• All servers and computers containing data are protected by the monitoring system and the firewall system;
5. Data usage
• All data collected by Emona Center SH.P.K. is strictly for Emona Center SH.P.K. up-related services required to ensure a complete response/service is being provided by Emona Center SH.P.K. No other non-Emona Center SH.P.K.-related service will be offered from the data collected;
• When working with personal data, employees ensure their computer screens are always locked when left unattended;
• Data is encrypted before being transferred electronically;
• Employees do not save copies of personal data on their own computers. The access and update of a copy are always made at the central copy of the data.
6. Data accuracy and actions
To exercise data protection, Emona Center SH.P.K. takes reasonable steps and is committed to:
• Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data, and keep it in as few places as possible;
• Establish effective data collection procedures;
• Provide employees with online privacy and security measures training;
• Build a secure network to protect online data from cyber-attacks;
• Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse;
• Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data;
• Update the data continuously and as mistakes are discovered;
• Ensure the marketing databases are checked against industry suppression files;
• Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization, etc.).
7. Subject access requests
All individuals and organizations who are the subject of personal and other data held by Emona Center SH.P.K. are entitled to:
• Ask what information Emona Center SH.P.K. holds about them and why.
• Ask how to gain access to it.
• Be informed on how to keep it up to date.
• Be informed of how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
If an individual contacts the company requesting this information, this is called a subject access request. Requests from individuals should be made by email and addressed to the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this. Our clients can contact us directly requesting this information through the subject access request. Such requests can be made via email addressed to our team at email@example.com. We will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information. Confirmation will be asked from the data subject using the email data subject used to register an account at Emona Center SH.P.K. We will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days.
7.1. Data Modification
Our clients can contact us requesting data modification and/or correction by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org through the digital form available here. Emona Center SH.P.K. will verify the identity of anyone making a data subject access request before modifying or correcting any information.
7.2. Data erasure
Our clients can contact us requesting data erasure via email at email@example.com. In addition, the data subject will be provided with all necessary information before proceeding with erasure. Before proceeding with the erasure, the data subject will read the statement of our data protection officer, explaining the outcome of the data being deleted. Erasure of data can be requested at any time.
Our website is not appealing to children, nor are they directed to children younger than 16. Emona Center SH.P.K. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16 and strives to comply with the provisions of The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). If you are a parent of a child under 16, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Disclosing Data
In certain circumstances, when required, Emona Center SH.P.K. can disclose data to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. However, the data controller will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the board and from the company’s legal advisers where necessary.